torsdag 13 november 2014

TAKE MY HAND AND MY HEART AND SOUL

Forum,Copenhagen, Tuesday November 11th

Let’s get this started with me telling you that seeing this man perform live is the most powerful thing that I’ve ever experienced. I and a friend of mine went to Copenhagen early Tuesday morning with food and blankets. We were sat outside the arena for about nine hours before we got let in and managed to get in the front, a bit to the left but still in the front.

It’s difficult to find words to explain the concert. Afterwards my friend and I didn’t say anything to each other, we couldn’t find the right words to explain it. All the worlds’ superlatives aren’t enough but I’ll do my best. Ed is all alone on a large stage with a guitar, two microphones and some loop pedals, nothing else, and he creates the most powerful music I’ve ever heard live. There was a security guard right in front of me all the time and he seemed amazed by how the crowd sang their hearts out to this simple redhead on stage and followed every wish of his.

I’m sorry that I can’t tell you more, there aren’t any words for it. He makes the songs so much better live than they’re on CD and on CD they still are bloody amazing. If you ever get the chance to see him live, take it.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar